Brow Lift - Oklahoma City
What is a brow lift?
A brow lift, or a forehead lift
- Reduces the wrinkle lines that appear across the forehead, as well as those that develop on the bridge of the nose.
- Improves frown lines, the vertical creases that develop between the eyebrows
- Raises sagging brows that cover upper eyelids
- Places the eyebrows in a youthful position
Other cosmetic procedures that may be performed with a brow lift include:
- Upper and or lower eyelid lift
Brow lift candidates
You may be a candidate for brow lift surgery
- Are physically healthy
- Have a realistic outlook and good goals
As we age, fine wrinkle lines may appear on the forehead. Frown lines between the brows can make us look angry, even when we are not. Skin relaxation may cause the eyebrows to drop, making us look tired. If you’re bothered by these signs of aging, a brow lift may be right for you.
Brow lift risks and safety information
The decision to have plastic surgery is extremely personal. You will have to decide if the surgery will achieve your goals and if the risks and potential complications of a brow lift
You will be asked to sign consent forms to ensure that you fully understand the procedure and any risks and potential complications.
Brow lift surgery risks include:
- Anesthesia risks
- Loss of hair around the incisions
- Elevated hairline
- Eye irritation or dryness
- Facial asymmetry
- Facial nerve injury with weakness or paralysis
- Fluid accumulation
- Numbness or other changes in skin sensation or intense itching
- Pain, which may persist
- Poor wound healing
- Possibility of revision surgery
- Swelling of the skin or discoloration
- Skin loss
- Unfavorable scarring
- Rare risk of blood clots
Forehead lift (brow lift) plastic surgery with Oklahoma City plastic surgeon Jeanette Padgett can restore a more youthful, refreshed look to the area of your face above your eyes. A subtle change to the position of your eyebrows can result in a brighter and more youthful appearance while looking natural and balanced. Although a brow or forehead lift does not stop the clock, the procedure can minimize the appearance of aging for years.
Dr. Padgett can perform brow lift plastic surgery by itself or in conjunction with other cosmetic procedures to create a more rested, attractive, and youthful appearance in your face and eyes.