Eyelid Lift – Oklahoma City
What is eyelid surgery?
Eyelid surgery, or blepharoplasty, is a surgical procedure that advances the appearance of the eyelids.
Surgery can be done on the upper lids, lower lids, or both.
Whether you want to improve your look or are experiencing functional problems with your eyelids, eyelid surgery can completely refresh the area surrounding your eyes.
Especially, eyelid surgery can treat:
- Loose or drooping skin that either creases or disturbs the natural contour of the upper eyelid, in some cases, impairing vision
- Swelling in the eyelids from excess fatty deposits
- Under eye bags
- Saggy lower eyelids that reveal whiteness below the iris
- Excess skin and fine lines of the lower eyelid
Eyelid surgery candidates
In general, people available for eyelid surgery include:
- Healthy individuals who are free of a life threatening illness or medical condition that can reduce healing
- Individuals who have certain goals and a clear view in mind for their eye surgery
- Individuals without severe eye circumstances
It is important to keep in mind that the eyelids are part of the face and that the appearance of a drooping upper lid may also be due to relaxation of the forehead skin and eyebrow. Sometimes, stretching one of the upper eyelid muscles causes the sagging of an eyelid.
Eyelid surgery risks and safety information
The decision to have surgery is yours, and you’ll have to decide if it will accomplish your goals, and if the potential risks of eyelid surgery are tolerable.
Don’t hesitate to ask Dr. Padgett questions to reassure that you understand the surgery and recovery processes completely.
Eyelid surgery risks include:
- Anesthesia risks
- Swelling and bruising
- Bleeding from the incision lines of the surgery
- Eye dryness
- Sensitivity to sun or other bright lights
- Trouble closing your eyes
- Ectropion, an outward rolling of the eyelid
- Lid lag, a drooping of the lower eyelid may occur and is often only temporary
- Temporary or in some cases, permanent change in vision, and a very rare chance of blindness
- Changes in sensitivity of skin
- Pain, which may increase and be bothersome
- Slow wound healing
- Chance of a need for revision surgery
- Undesirable scarring
Puffy or sagging skin around the eyes can make a person of any age appear tired, angry, sad, worn out, or simply older. Droopy eyelids don’t just have an effect on your appearance; they can also impair your vision. Men and women alike can suffer from these complaints.
Oklahoma City plastic surgeon Jeanette Padgett can perform an eyelid lift procedure (also known as blepharoplasty) to address these concerns. In your consultation with Dr. Padgett, she will determine and discuss the best technique to help you achieve a youthful, alert appearance.