Oklahoma City - Facial Plastic Surgery
What is a facelift?
A facelift, or rhytidectomy
, is a surgical procedure that reduces signs of aging in the face and neck, such as:
- Sagging in the middle of your face
- Deep creases under the lower eyelids
- Deep creases along the nose extending to the corner of the mouth
- Fat that has fallen or has disappeared
- Loss of skin tone in the lower face that creates jowls
- Loose skin and extra fatty deposits under the chin and jaw can givethe appearance of a double chin
The loss of youthful contours in the face can be due to a variety of factors, including heredity, gravity, environmental conditions, and stress.
Typically, eyelid surgery is performed in addition to a facelift to rejuvenate aging eyes.
What a facelift won't do
As a restorative surgery, a facelift does not change your basic appearance and does not halt the natural process of aging.
A facelift can only be performed surgically; non-surgical treatments can’t achieve the same results, but may help slow down the time at which a facelift becomes necessary.
In general, good candidates for a facelift
- Healthy individuals who do not have medical conditions that impair healing
- Individuals with a positive outlook and realistic expectations
During your facelift recovery
, a bandage might be placed around your face to minimize swelling and bruising once your procedure is over.
Thin tubes may be needed to drain any excess blood or fluid that may build up under the skin.
You will be given specific instructions that may include how to treat the surgical site and drains, medications to apply physically or take orally to aid healing and reduce the risk for infection, specific concerns to look for at the surgical site or in your health, and when to follow up with Dr. Padgett. Be sure to ask your plastic surgeon questions about what you can expect during your individual recovery time.
Some of the most visible signs of aging first appear on the face. Although the changes appear gradually, you may look in the mirror one day and decide that the face you see doesn't reflect the way you feel inside. Facelift plastic surgery with Oklahoma City plastic surgeon Dr. Padgett can give you a naturally more youthful and expressive appearance to match the way you feel.
Facelift - Oklahoma City
Facelift plastic surgery can refine your natural attributes, remove wrinkles and frown lines, and give you a more youthful appearance. If you have excess skin on your neck, then you may opt for a neck lift combined with a facelift for an overall improvement to your facial profile. Performed in Oklahoma City by board certified plastic surgeon Jeanette Padgett facelift plastic surgery an help you reach your goal to look years younger, more alert, and healthier.
Men and women in Oklahoma City choose facelift plastic surgery with Dr. Padgett for many reasons, including:
- To reduce visible signs of aging
- To restore a more youthful appearance
- To remove wrinkles and frown lines
- To remove fat and tighten the skin
- To enhance confidence and improve self-image